Horizontal 728*15

Sunday 11 August 2013

Dal Makhani

As i told you already I am a pure south indian, and rarely tasted Punjabi or any north indian recipes in my childhood ...Nearly two year back I tasted this Dal Makhani in Asianet Hotel.
It was awesome, creamy texture and superb taste, there I fall for the taste of this makhani...
And I searched for this recipe and tried it several time and its always a hit in my home here.
Not only I claim it as tasty it is healthy and very filling.


Ingredients:

Black urud dal - 1 cup (soak for 1/2 hour)
Rajma -  hand full (soak overnight)
Fresh Cream - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 1/2  tsp
Spices like cloves, cardamom and lavanga
tomato - 1 (Make puree)
coriander - 1 tsp
Chill powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
oil to temper

Method:


Pressure cook the dal with salt till 5 to 6 whistle, dal should be overcooked.
In a pan temper in oil with spices and add the tomato puree and sauté well then include coriander and chilly powder.
add the mashed dal to the masala and boil till the raw smell goes...add salt to taste and 1tbsp of fresh cream and switch off to serve it with Nan or Chappathi.


Note: Texture and taste of this recipe completely get changed once the fresh cream is added so don't exclude it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments means a lot to me...