Horizontal 728*15

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Banana blossom stir fry

Vazhaipoo Poriyal:

Recently I tried few recipes using this banana blossoms and its a hit with my better half...
so when we recently visited our native my husband insisted me to make banana blossom stir fry to my parents in law...I happily did this healthy recipe there and also taken a few clicks :)


Ingredients:

Shallots - 3 or 4 nos.
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves  - few
Red chilly  - 3 nos.
Salt to taste
Oil to temper
Banana blossom - 1
Coconut - 1/2 shredded
Channa dal - 1 tsp

Method:

I separated, cleaned and chopped the banana blossom (methods are already shown in other recipes of this ingredient).
Heat a pan, pour 2 tsp oil and temper with mustard, Channa dal, curry leaves and red chilly.
Add Shallots and sauté for while.
Now add the banana blossom and sauté until it gets cooked.
Add salt to taste.
When it is ready include the grated coconut and serve.



 



7 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments means a lot to me...