Hello Dearies! looking out for healthy breakfast option try this Green Peas Paratha...I often make Aloo Paratha, this green peas stuffed paratha i am trying and tasting it for first time, It's has a unique taste and very filling.
Try this Paratha with curd and pickle sure, you will fall in love with it...Now a days to my best i am trying to provide step wise picture, which will be helpful to beginners in cooking.
Oil to temper
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1 big size
Peas - 1 cup
Chilly Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Wheat Flour - 2 cup
Water - as required
Oil or ghee - 1 table spoon
Salt to taste
1. If it is fresh green peas just boil and strain the water and keep it aside.
2. Incase of dried green peas, soak the peas overnight, pressure cook until done (here 2 whistle) drain the water and keep it aside.
3. Chop the onion finely.
4. In a pan heat a oil add, Jeera once it splutter add onions and saute well.
5. Next add the boiled peas, chilly powder, coriander powder and salt.
6. Mash the peas with potato masher or with wooden spatula.
7. It will attain a powdery consistency as in picture, remove from flame and keep it aside.
8. If you are adding lemon add it once you switch off the flame and mix well.
9. Take a dough, made with wheat flour, salt and water. (make it as you do for chappathi).
10. Take a small portion, round it and pat it to circle.
11. Fill the pre prepared peas masala in the dough circle, close the corners and round it to ball shape again.
12. Slightly / Smoothly roll the stuffed dough to round, thick circle by dusting wheat flour.
13. Heat a roti tawa and allow to cook the paratha's on both the side. Sprinkle ghee/oil as required.
Few Optional ingredients you can include with Peas Masala are :
Coriander - handful, finely chopped
Chilly - 1 finely chopped
Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
I am sure addition of this ingredients will enhance the taste of the stuffing.
Click here to try Sattu Ka Paratha, Bhojpuri Cuisine.