Thought to post some simple payasam / Kheer for Vishu...At the same time wanna make some thing with oats, as i have big packet of oats lying in my pantry for long so, came up with an idea of making Oats Payasam. Here myself and my mother-inlaw tasted it and we both liked the taste of this it.
It's very easy and quick to make dessert and off course healthy too.
Oats - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cardamon powder - few pinch
Nuts and Raisins - 1 tablespoon
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Heat a pan with ghee and roast nuts and raisins and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add oats and roast it for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled milk and sugar to it and mix well.
- Add cardamon powder and keep stiring until the oats gets cooked well.
- Finally add the roasted nuts, raisins and switch it off.
- Serve it hot or chilled.