Though cooking is my passion, my blog get back seat when i held up with some other priorities in my family. Now i don't want this to happen regularly and would like to do some pre plan and schedule the post and to treat my blog bit special...Feeling happy about my new discussion and would like to hold on with it. Right now i scheduled one post per week.
Here about this week recipe....I always like to make Parathas, This Beetroot Paratha was in my mind for long and finally i tried my hands on it a month back. It's a colorful, delicious and healthy Paratha, sure your kids will like it.
And mixing beetroot with flour make it more moisture and the Paratha comes so soft and remains soft for longer time so, this is apt for lunch box also.
Beetroot - 3/4 cup (grated)
Wheat Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Onion - 1 no. (chopped)
Coriander - 1 tablespoon (chopped)
Chilly powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Garam Masala - 1/4 teaspoon
Oil to toast
Salt to taste
- In a shallow vessel add Wheat flour, Coriander, Jeera, Chopped onion, Chopped Coriander, Chilly powder, Garam Masala powder and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and keep it aside for 30 minutes, so that the beetroot will emit some moisture into the flour.
- Add enough water (take care in quantity of water because the beetroot already emits some water from it) and few teaspoon oil and knead the flour into soft dough.
- Take a small portion from dough and make a ball, roll it into flat round roti.
- If required dust dry flour while rolling.
- Heat a tawa and cook the rolled dough both the side until it is done.
- Serve it with Raita.